Monday, March 7, 2011

Being a mother is a roller coaster of emotions.

My 16 1/2 month-old son presented a VERY high fever last night at around 10pm.  When I'm not in the moment I know a fever in and of itself is nothing to fear.  However, being that late on a Sunday night, my head when into Panic Mode and I actually feared he would die before morning.  Why does every rational part of my being abandon me when a loved one is in duress?  I am so thankful for my Father who reminds me that I am not without help or comfort as a parent.  For as much as I love my children, He loves me (and them) even more.

"Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, In His arm He will gather the lambs And carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes." Isaiah 40:11.
 
It is 4:20am the same night.  It's been a rough night so far and I expect it to continue this way.  But I know the Holy Spirit is with me, my son, my family.  He is gently guiding me as I care for my children and I feel His peace that truly does pass understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment